- General. This site is owned and operated by CARFAX, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively, “CARFAX”). CARFAX has the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the site, including, without limitation, the content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use of the CarfaxforPolice.com Web site (the “Site”).
- Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.NEITHER CARFAX, ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE; ANY INFORMATION OR REPORTS OBTAINED FROM THE SITE; OR ANY WARRANTIES RELATING TO ANY OF THE AUTOMOBILES ABOUT WHICH INFORMATION IS POSTED ON THIS SITE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY), NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CARFAX IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL CARFAX, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DISTRIBUTING THE SITE OR THE CONTENT INCLUDED THEREIN, BE LIABLE IN CONTRACT, IN TORT (INCLUDING FOR ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE, OR SIMILAR ECONOMIC LOSS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL USE OF AND CONTENT ON THE SITE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL CARFAX’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE OR OBTAINING ANY REPORTS OR OTHER INFORMATION FROM THIS SITE. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS ARE INTENDED TO APPLY EVEN IN THE EVENT OF A FUNDAMENTAL BREACH OR THE FAILURE OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- Trademarks.All trademarks of CARFAX and its subsidiaries or affiliates displayed on the Site are subject to state, federal, and/or international trademark protection. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
- Viruses.CARFAX also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- Export Control.Software and other materials from this Site may also be subject to United States Export Control. The United States Export Control laws prohibit the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported (1) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (2) anyone on the Unites States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. CARFAX does not authorize the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from this Site to any jurisdiction prohibited by the United States Export Laws.
- Business Associates.The business associates of CARFAX identified on the Site, if any, are independent contractors of CARFAX. The business associates are not joint ventures or partners of CARFAX. No employee or representative of the business associates is under the control of CARFAX.
- Changed Terms.CARFAX has the right at any time to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to use of the Site, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, without limitation, adding fees and charges for use. Such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, without limitation, posting on the Site, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means. Any use of the Site by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
It is the policy of CARFAX, Inc. (“CARFAX”) to respect the intellectual property of others. If you are alleging that material available on or through a CARFAX website infringes upon your copyright, please submit a written notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). The notice must include the following to be effective:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit CARFAX to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit CARFAX to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
In the event that CARFAX removes material from a CARFAX website (or access to the material is disabled) and you believe that such material is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to law, please submit a written counter notification pursuant to the DMCA. The counter notification must include the following to be effective:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
All written notices should be sent to the following:
Attn: General Counsel
5860 Trinity Parkway, Suite 600
Centreville, VA 20120
Phone: (703) 934-2664